On 13th of March the following was released:
- ISL AlwaysOn for Windows (release_date=2014-03-13, revision=33414, platform=win32,os_version=0x5010000-0x7fffffff)
All updates have release date set to 2014-03-13. Your ESS will need to be same or higher to be able to update your server. This release is available to all countries except Japan.
Upgrading to new version
Hosted service users please check Upgrading Hosted Service.
Server license users please check Upgrading Server License.
ISL AlwaysOn - Desktop - Use embedded ISL Light [ISLALWAYSON-228] More
With new version of ISL AlwaysOn the file transfer and desktop plugins are embedded in the program. Because the desktop plugin is already embedded in the program, ISL Light Client is not needed when accessing ISL AlwaysOn computer. This decreases the time for the remote computer to start streaming.
Due to plugins being embedded in the program there are limitations in comparison with ISL Light Client:
No support for chat functionality
No support for audio chat functionality
No support for video stream functionality
No support for remote printing functionality
File transfer embedded plugin does not have support for changing file transfer destination. All files that are transferred to remote computer are automatically saved to user's desktop.
By default this embedded ISL Light is used when connecting to remote computer.
There are 2 ways to use the old downloadable version of ISL Light Client:
1. Selecting Download client (Longer connection time) from ISL AlwaysOn Connect dialog
2. Selecting Download client in ISL AlwaysOn Settings - Desktop Sharing ( you need to uncheck Use default server settings in order to check Download client )
ISL AlwaysOn - Desktop - Add setting for download client [ISLALWAYSON-304] More
New settings has been added to ISL AlwaysOn program. The settings, when enabled, will force to download ISL Light Client instead of using embedded ISL Light when users are trying to access this ISL AlwaysOn computer.
The setting can be found in ISL AlwaysOn settings under Desktop Sharing window - Download Client. In order to check Download client, Use default server settings has to be unchecked.
ISL AlwaysOn - Desktop - skip checking for wts single app in some env. [ISLALWAYSON-248] More
Users may have experienced error Failed to start ISL Light when connecting to ISL AlwaysOn computer if windows terminal services replacement was installed on that computer. The issue was that ISL AlwaysOn monitor process could not be started due to single application environment checker failure. Using the following procedure users will be able to skip the checker and the ISL AlwaysOn monitor process will be started correctly.
1. Download and install latest ISL AlwaysOn
2. After installation is complete, open command prompt as administrator and type in the following: net stop isl_always_on
3. Open regedit and go to the following Registry folder: HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\ISL Online\ISL AlwaysOn
4. Right click and create a new String Value key with the following name : skip_wts_single_app
5. Double click on the newly created key and set the value to : true
6. Open command prompt as administrator and type in the following : net start isl_always_on
7. After this the ISL AlwaysOn monitor should be correctly started and the tray icon should be displayed.
Users should be able to connect to this computer after the above procedure.
ISL AlwaysOn - program - dropping win2000 support. [ISLALWAYSON-348] More
New version of ISL AlwaysOn ( 2.2.0 ) is no longer supported on Windows 2000 operating system. Users will be still able to install ISL AlwaysOn 2.1.2 on their Windows 2000 machine.
ISL AlwaysOn - Desktop - Icon open can break older modules [ISLALWAYSON-320] More
Users might have experienced an error dialog on client machine when accessing files via ISL AlwaysOn web interface on Windows 8 machines. The issue was resolved with the new module, however clients can also connect to older version of the module and it that case the issue would appear again. Program also checks the module version and if it detects that the version of the module is outdated it uses a different procedure to show the files.
The defect was fixed.
ISL AlwaysOn - Desktop - Broken silent install when server doesn't have translations [ISLALWAYSON-321] More
Users may have experienced problems when updating the ISL AlwaysOn program. If the server did not have ISL AlwaysOn translations installed, the application failed to update. The update program process was redesigned, translation files are no longer obligatory when updating ISL AlwaysOn.
The defect was fixed.